Thanks to modern technology and the Internet, more and more people are starting work at home careers that are very satisfying. Certainly, many people have thought about starting a career at home. However, quite a few were skeptical because of the proliferation of work at home scams that continue to haunt the Internet. Still, today the Internet is filled with links to legitimate jobs that are desperate for qualified remote workers. Those positions are known by various forms that include telecommuting, remote workers, or work at home careers. Recently, a large increase in the number of job opportunities and remote workers has led to more people considering quitting the office commute and starting a work at home career.
Finding Legitimate Sources
First, it is important to take the time to really look closely at the company’s background, before making further inquiries. In addition, start by asking your current employer if it is possible to work remotely or telecommute. The good news is that there are thousands of companies that are actually looking for qualified people to work at home. Many of the opportunities require good office or business skills. Focus on well-known sources that offer job opportunities and avoid sketchy companies. Start your search online and beware of job opportunities that sound too good to be true. If you are familiar with computer applications and have business skills, you are one step further to finding the perfect work at home career.
Work At Home Career Opportunities
The fact is that a large number of the big corporations that you are probably familiar with are actively hiring remote workers. Thus, providing a great opportunity to start a work at home career. Let’s take a look at a few of the top companies.
- Dell – Dell is in the forefront, providing work at home careers that offer great flexibility, working part time or full time
- Aetna – Aetna is an Insurance company that is located in Hartford, Connecticut that offers great opportunity to start a work at home career. They are connected with thousands of medical facilities across the country
- American Express – this company is a strong believer in providing opportunities for work at hom careers
- Apple – this high profile company offers telecommuting positions and office positions in various categories that include marketing and more
- IBM – this company offers both part time and full time telecommuting opportunities
- Kaplan – Kaplan is associated with the educational community and offers remote working opportunities
- Nielsen – the company offers great telecommuting opportunities
- Google – The big search engine giant has been offering remote work at home careers for years
The fact is that there are lots of real work at home careers waiting for the right person to apply. The companies listed here are only a very small portion of the companies offering work at home careers. Great work at home careers exist for customer care, sales, marketing, translators, virtual office workers, call center workers, and transcription workers. However, it’s important to consider the source, before applying to avoid any type of scams on the Internet.